3. Norwegian Dawn

I am writing this review to make sure to dispel some of the negative review I myself read before leaving on my cruise. I am not sure what happened to those that wrote such poor reviews because my experience was a complete 180.

Due to reading some of the negative reviews, I was extrememly nervous about what my experience would be since this was the first time we have sailed with Norwegian. I can say with all honesty, this was absolutely one of the best vacations I have ever taken with my family.

Starting with the Port of Tampa (even though they are not employed with Norwegian), the people were great. I started out with a panic realizing that I forgot to pull my folder with all cruise documents and birth certificates out of my luggage before the porter took everything. The gentlemen that work at the Port jumped into action and found my suitcase and brought it to my so I could retrieve our documents. Onto check-in, there was a delay getting on the boat for about an hour, but the staff was so courteous and helpful it didn't even faze me. Once on the ship, every single crew member on the ship had a smile. There are honestly too many specifics to get into about how wonderful everyhting was, so I will suffice to say that I have already placed a deposit for my family and myself to take another cruise on the Dawn. The entire experience was so wonderful, as well as all of the crew members that contributed to that experience. Please make sure to take all negative reviews with a grain of salt because if I had listened to them, I would have missed out on an amazing experience!!

Amazing Vacation

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by remy1979

remy1979’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12

One word to sum it up: FANTASTIC!! I will never cruise in a different category again!! The room was beatiful with plenty of space for our family of four. The balcony was huge!! The butler, Rey, was exceptional!!

Norwegian Dawn Deck Plans

• Horseback Riding Tour

Driver, Ernesto, was great!! Tour guide, Paula, so amazing. Extrememly knowledgeable and really funny :). The horseback riding was so fun!! The guides were very solicitous and made sure everyone was doing OK.

View All 10 Horseback Riding Tour Reviews
  • Costa Maya

Costa Maya wasn't really what I expected from when I initially booked the cruise. I was happy that on the information channel for the ship that the shopping consultant was very descriptive and helped you know what to expect. It was more of a small fishing village with a small shopping area at the exit from the port. Prices for merchandise were good and you were able to do some haggling; however, prices a Senor Frogs were outrageous!! $7.50 for a Coke!!! Somewhat understandable when you factor in how undeveloped the area is, have to get as much money out of tourists that they can in the short time.

View All 1,903 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel

Water was UNBELIEVABLE!! It looked like a postcard. We really only spent about 2 hours off the ship. Lots of people on the street barking out to get people into their stores. Kind of a turn off after a while because it starts to become a verbal assault. Would definitely go again, but would do an excursion for sure to go snorkeling or scuba diving.

View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Gumbalina Park

Fantastic!! Would highly recommend. Driver, Palacio, got us through to the preserve without incident. Tour Guide, Teddy, was great! Really had a lot of knowledge and good jokes. The Gumbalimba Preserve itself is beatiful and the monkeys were adorable. Kids absolutely LOVED IT and so did we!!

View All 108 Gumbalina Park Reviews