3. Enchantment of the Seas

It is unfathomable to me that people have an issue with a soda-package or a minor oversight and rank this nearly 5-star experience as 1-star.

I've cruised twice on Carnival, once before on RCCL, and once on Princess (2nd ever sailing of that ship). That being said, The Enchantment was beautiful and immaculate and showed no obvious signs of age. A scratch on an elevator door - but that can happen on a brand new ship. Gleaming and awesome are the two words to describe the interior of this vessel.

The cabin was small yes, definitely cozy and fully manageable - with a wonderful shower in terms of pressure and temperature.

The food ranged from bland to delicious (one entree was bad, but happily replaced. Just order another whatever if you don't like what you got. Sheesh.) The dining room was lovely on every level. I mean, how many restaurants do you know that seat 500 people at one time and get everything pretty darn good?

Windjammer (buffet) could be chaotic at times and the breakfast variety was not particularly creative. If I had to levy a complaint, that would be it -- I got bored with bacon, eggs, ham, fruit, grits etc. after day 3. I would have liked some less traditionally American breakfast items - but if that's my only complaint...

The activities, entertainment, bars, and casino was always energetic, fun, and or/classy. R Bar is a delight for an old-school cocktail experience.

The staff was impeccable. Impossibly friendly and accommodating. Names and preferences remembered. Always smiling and first with a "good morning" or "what can we do?"

I guess that's it. If you cannot have an amazing time on Enchantment of the Seas you have standards that no person or entity could ever achieve.

Bon Voyage!

Can't ask for much more!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Capt. Quint