3. Disney Magic
My wife and I normally take 2 - 3 cruises a year. I prefer Royal Caribbean but my wife prefers the Celebrity (Solstice Class) ships. I guess its because she likes the newer feel of the ships and better food quality on Celebrity instead of the more lively entertainment and activities onboard RCL but that's another discussion. Anyway, this was our 1st trip on a Disney Ship. I was immediately impressed by the ease of check-in and look of the ship. I understand it has been recently remodeled with new carpeting, furniture and expansion of the dining areas. The ship was absolutely spotless as were the dining areas, restrooms, and pool areas. We always book an inside room since I suffer from motion sickness. Our inside cabin was spacious by cruise ship standards with a large bed and a convertible sofa. We've never had combination shower/bathtub before in our room so that was also a pleasant surprise. Before we left port, we headed up to the ships buffet for some lunch. Can you imagine items such as rib eye steak, sauteed mushroom, grilled asparagus, jumbo shrimp, and crabs legs in addition to the regular buffet selections? And we hadn't even left port yet. I would say on the whole that the food quality easily matched the Celebrity ships. We ate at Palo, the ship's upscale restaurant one evening and found the food quality almost as good as the Celebrity's Murano specialtiy restaurant. Palo was an extra $25 vs Murano which was $40 when we last sailed. The service was excellent and food selection very good. Castaway Island was terrific with so much to do from petting the Sting Rays to snorkeling, swimming or just relaxing. Again the Disney staff provided service that was as good as it gets. I can't comment on the ship's entertainment since the Turner Movie Channel charted the Magic and provided all onboard entertainment but we did have fireworks one evening which was provided by Disney. We visited the children's area and was impressed by the knowledge and experience of the staff responsible for taking care of the kid's daily activities. It was such a fine cruise experience that Turner has already booked the ship for next October's cruise and we totally agree with that decision as do most of the 2,100 passengers onboard our ship.

Highly Recommended