• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Marco Polo Review

Editor Rating
16 Awards

Don't CMV read reviews ??

Review for Marco Polo to the Eastern Caribbean
Bydandbabe
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2013
Cabin:

If CMV do read reviews and feedback forms then why do they not act upon them. This is the interesting question! We recently stepped ashore (am still in motion) having spent 30 days on board the good old Marco Polo cruise ship. I did read the reviews of previous voyages but must have seen only the good ones or, subconsciously filtered out the bad ones. My boss at work found these with great relish about two weeks before we sailed ! So my expectations were mixed as to how our holiday to the Caribbean would go. As a result my review reflects the mixture of good and bad experiences of the trip. All the negative comments are true and all the positive comments are true, So why doesn't the management listen and make positive changes, it would not take much to make this ship so much more enjoyable.

Train staff to be courteous, reward those who are and reprimand those who are rude, abrupt , drunk on duty and lazy.I blame the dining room management team for the poor service. Our waitress Inna and her assistant were excellent. Waiters did not pull out chairs for guests or help elderly passengers, instead they rushed us at lunch and breakfast.

Reception staff varied their helpfulness depending on how harassed they were. We found asking politely for help was rewarded with calm efficiency.

Our cabin was spacious as it had a bunk bed high up an the wall. Wardrobe and drawer space excellent, shower room was tired and in need of renovation. Cabin was situated next to a crew entrance and door opened and shut regularly at all times.This deck did appear to have been fumigated half way through the cruise as several guests were ill. This deck is also where the infirmary was situated. Difficult to describe noise levels on an old boat but till I got used to them it was noisy. needless to say my husband slept well. Stewardess Natalia was great

Find a cruise