Thanksgiving Cruise on the Breakaway: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by HOKIEMO
Overall Member Rating
Thanksgiving Cruise on the Breakaway
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
(1)Very positive check in experience. Lines moved quickly and we were on board within 30 minutes after arriving at the terminal.
(2) Vibe Beach-immediately upon boarding ship went straight to desk to sign up for Vibe Beach. Eventhough the weather didn't cooperate during the week we still were able to utilize this oasis. Would recommend to anyone who likes to relax in an adult only area. Well worth the money!
(3) Room-very nice and an improvement over the room that we had on the Epic. Plenty of space for two people and I prefer the bathroom arrangement on this ship vs the one on the Epic. Balcony is small but still is a great place to watch from as you leave NYC as well as arriving in the different ports.
(4) Food-was great, no complaints. Service a couple of times was slow, however it was a completly full ship so it is understandable that it took longer on a couple of occassions. Ate at Savor, Taste, The Manhattan Room, O'Sheas and Moderno More Churasscaria. Also purchased the wine package (4 bottles for $88) and that was a great deal. Would do that again.
(5) Entertainment-Went to two shows, Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. Both were OK. Also went to the casino a few times and left a looser. Machines did not appear to be paying at all...Oh well.
(1) Completly full ship that included 1500 children that enjoyed running up and down the hallways all day and all night. Not really a complaint just something to be aware of when booking a Thanksgiving week cruise.
(2) Weather-not the cruise ship's fault. Mostly cloudy and rainy the entire week.
Overall a great cruise on The Breakaway and I would cruise on this ship again. Less
Room was very nice. Decor was beautiful and there was plenty of room and storage for two people. Deck was small but useable.
Atlantis was GREAT! Ship, no...
Oldie But A Goodie!
Some challenges but very good ...