3. Norwegian Jewel
Where to begin? I have been on several Cruise lines (including previous NCL cruises) and this was the WORST cruise ever! It started off on a disappointing note when we entered the ship. NO music. NO welcome champagne. NO excitement. We had to walk around and wait for our cabin to be ready. Once Tzar's was ready for lunch, our entire party of 17 went to eat. They refused to push tables together so we could all be at one table. We waited over an hour to get our food. The wait staff was rude and inattentive. The food was tasteless. Bad start that will prove to only get worse. One of my suitcases was delivered to the wrong cabin and I reported it to the Service desk. I was told it should reach me by 8:00pm. Well, by 10:00pm it still had not arrived. All they could say was "we are still looking for it" and I had to spend $39 in the gift shop for a few basic toiletries. My bag showed up 3 days later. I found out later that they have complimentary toiletry items but I was never offered that, even though I had been in contact with the service desk numerous times. We decided to take advantage of a "special" NCL offered prior to our cruise...3 specialty restaurants for $57 (they chose the three...LaCucina, Cagney's and Le Bistro). You HAD to eat at LaCucina's on the 1st night. The food was AWFUL. Then we found out we missed out on the Surf & Turf in the open dining rooms. On our Le Bistro night, there was lobster on the menu, but you had to pay an additional $10 for it! SERIOUSLY??? There is a $20 cover charge already! Everyone else got it for FREE on embarkation night!!! We decided to stick to the buffet because Azura and Tzars had such SLOW service and the wait staff was terrible and rude. They acted like they were doing us a favor by taking our order and bringing out our food. However, for the most part, the food everywhere was not good. The desserts (except for the creme brûlée in Le Bistro) were tasteless. On our last day at sea, we planned out what we wanted to do. There was a magician show at 11:00 and a comedy show at 12:00 in the large theatre. The art auction was at 1:00. Well, the magician set up a table ON THE STAGE to sell his book and some magic items after he completed his act. He continued to sell until 12:15, causing the comedy show to start late. This in turn caused the comedy show to run late. Because we were seated in the 3rd row, we weren't going to be rude and get up and leave before the show was over. So, I missed the art auction. They should not allow anything to be sold on the stage and they should keep things ON TIME. One night we went to listen to a band doing a Bob Marley tribute at Magnum's Lounge. They were fantastic, but we had to leave early because the amount of smoke from the casino and the cigar bar (one on each side the lounge) was overwhelming. They really need a better ventilation system. By far, the RUDEST staff was in the Blue Lagoon. They literally would take your order (after waiting 20 minutes) by asking "what you want?" in a sharp tone. When my sister asked for a refill on her coffee, the waitress said "self serve!" as she pointed to the coffee area. There are so many other things I could say, but I'm sure some of my other family members will write their own bad experiences soon. We all agreed we will NEVER sail on NCL again. People, please think long and hard before going on this ship.

LAST TIME ON NCL!!!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by TanyaStreet

TanyaStreet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! Can't find much good to say about this cruise line.
  Norwegian Jewel Deck Plans