3. Allure of the Seas
I've always been an advocate that Bigger is Better. I've wanted to sail on an Oasis Class ship since they were introduced to the cruise industry. After my cruise on Allure I am less to embrace this philosophy. Bigger, as in Allure of the Seas, is more difficult to maneuver, to run into friends you meet while on board, to go back to your stateroom for something that you've forgotten, to see a show or attraction and to get the feeling that you are actually on a cruise ship. The Good...beautiful ship, amazing Central Park and fun Boardwalk, ample deck chairs, all-you-can-drink packages, fun parades, great shows, nice veranda stateroom, great service in the MDR The bad...after 35 cruises this cruise had the worst food in every restaurant we ate in, hated waiting in line for 45 minutes to book the Aqua show only for it to be sold out ( you could not make reservations en suite and we had tried to book online for four months prior to sailing), horrible food and service in Chops (and we're not food snobs), ship's just too big to navigate, too many for fee options AOTS would be a great ship for an active family with diverse interests but it is not a good ship if you want to just relax and run into new friends. If you prefer a traditional cruise experience this is probably not a good choice for you.

Bigger Better?