3. Carnival Dream
Eight women ages 39 to 71 years old. We all had a great time. I have personally been on 8 cruises. Holland America, NCL, RCCL and Carnival. Everyone has opinions. I WILL choose Carnival again. The value is fantastic compared to RCCL. I priced out this cruise on RCCL and it was about $500 more per person!! PRICE: Excellent value compared to RCCL. Out the door price was $720 - included gratuity & insurance FOOD: Dining room food and variety was very good. I would say it was just as good as RCCL. You can order 2 starters and desserts if you want. One person in our group decided to try a dish and didn't like it. Our waiter switched it out immediately with another entree. Some items on the menu: Lobster, filet, prime rib, ribs, fried chicken, oysters, shrimp, frog legs, escargot, etc...Excellent variety, plain & simple or fancy too. Lido Buffet: It was pretty good. I will say that RCCL and NCL had a much better selection. But we were happy. The layout is odd though. It was too spread out with different food options. The layout made it difficult to get a variety of food. ENTERTAINMENT: Very good. I think Carnival out shines RCCL by far with entertainment. George Lopez teamed up with Carnival and they get the best comedians (so they say). There were 4 different comedians and all were good. They offered shows for family friendly and then adult only shows. There was a juggler Marcus, who was so funny! He did a laser light juggling show and then knives, fire, etc. He was hysterical with how he worked in comedy to his act. FUN FORCE: These guys were amazing. They did break dancing, acrobat gymnastic moves, interacted with passengers, kids, etc. The Carnival dancers were much better than RCCL. CREW: Dining staff was very good. We had 3 different waiters because we had the My Time dining. Our best was Ardana. But Minnore and Joseph were also pretty good. They called us all by name. Cabin steward was very good - Alexander. The rest of the crew was nice. CRUISE DIRECTOR: James, he was not that good. RCCL has better Cruise Directors. James just does not have enough personality, energy or chemistry with the passengers. He is nice, but too reserved. Also, he talks too fast and it is hard to hear him at times. They had a guy ALEX....He should be the Cruise Director. We all agreed on this. PORTS: Cozumel - great time and excellent excursions. Belize: Good choices for excursions and interesting port. Honduras: Interesting port and not good excursions. Costa Maya - Great port and good excursions to choose. Shopping was typical. My sister and I bought a Tanzanite ring in Cozumel. We went into town by taxi and got a much better deal than in the stores recommended by Carnival. You will pay triple at Diamonds International and Effie stores. The Mayan Ruins were very cool. SHIP: Absolutely beautiful. Cabins were nice (typical). Carnival beds are too hard for me. My cabin guy gave me two cushions (they called duvets). That helped. Full size basketball court and 18 hole miniature golf course. PASSENGERS; I've had people tell me that Carnival caters to "lower class" people. I DISAGREE. Yes there are some lively people. But for the most part, I met very courteous people. If someone bumped into you, they apologized. If I bumped into someone, they smiled at me when I apologized. On other ships, I have met some pretty rude people. Some people think because they have money, they are better and can break rules or etiquette. SUMMARY OF OTHER CRUISE LINES: Holland America - For retired people definitely. Celebrity - Mostly retired people and everyone goes to bed by 10 PM. (Many people tell me this) NCL - People of all ages, very family oriented, great entertainment, food and excellent service. Our favorite so far. (We went to Alaska on the Pearl) RCCL - Depends on the ship and time of year. Excellent crew & service. RCCL shines in this area. If you are on a small ship (under 2000 passengers) - definitely geared for retired people. If you have kids, make sure you choose a larger ship. OVERALL: I think Carnival offers better entertainment and value than RCCL. I also will go on NCL again, it's just the ports are more limited.

Carnival DOES Compare With Royal Caribbean

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jszap

SUMMARY OF OTHER CRUISE LINES:
Holland America - For retired people definitely.
jszap’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Typical cabins. Beds are too hard though
  Carnival Dream Deck Plans