3. Queen Victoria

Voyage 308 Norway, Iceland and Faroe Islands.

This was our 30th Cunard voyage and it will be our last, Cunard is not synonymous with quality anymore it is merely a badge, this is sad because Cunard was a company with great history and traditions which Carnival UK chooses to dismiss.

On this voyage the lecturers, Robert Powell and Neil Kent were excellent but the Captain and most of the officers let Cunard down as they did not attend Officers Parties and were remote and aloof if present. We paid £403ppn for a Q5 suite, the butler was at best a stewardess and the waiters at our table in the Queens Grill were lazy and frequently absent when we needed service. The menus on Formal Nights had only one meat dish at dinner and on two occasions I was presented with effectively half a meal, Turf without the Surf as I cannot eat fish and the Steak portion of the Steak Diane had been cut in half and put on two plates which were served to another passenger and myself on the same table! We did have one dinner which was Cunard standard as we knew it, this was when we were invited to dine in the Britannia Restaurant, the Beef Wellington was excellent, cooked to perfection rare and the service was first class.

When we asked Customer Services shoreside why there was only one meat dish on the menus and why was I served half portions they implied we were ridiculous, we have therefore concluded we would be ridiculous to sail with Carnival UK masquerading as Cunard ever again.

Carnival UK masquerading as Cunard.

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by GAFFER3011

Voyage 308 Norway, Iceland and Faroe Islands.

GAFFER3011’s Full Rating Summary

Carnival UK are masquerading as Cunard. They do not want Cunard Repeaters sailing with them as we know what the real Cunard was, a name synonymous with quality.

Queen Victoria Deck Plans