• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

An enjoyable cruise, but service is slipping

Review for Emerald Princess to the Southern Caribbean
drtravel47
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2013
Cabin:

We enjoyed another sailing on Princess, our first on the Emerald. Here are some quick notes which I hope assist my future cruisers!

The ship-----In very good shape, but there were some signs of wear, such as scratches on furniture. We had a balcony on Aloha Deck (12), which was very convenient to the buffets and gym, and whose balcony gave us some privacy (no one from above could see our balcony).

On the first night, we had no shampoo in the cabin. When we asked the steward told us that no one in our area did. Unfortunately, he should have been proactive and let us know in advance. Others in my travelling party of 9, had no soap. Midway through the cruise, they installed a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower. It’s a shame it’s (1) one shampoo/conditioner combined and (2) they’re getting rid of that eucalyptus fragrance. There was a good size gym, with sauna and steam in the locker room. The gym was rarely crowded and equipment was up to date. I found it disappointing that some of the ship’s personnel simply didn’t smile when greeting passengers. This seemed to be a universal comment from many I met. Kudos to Princess for the fine perks it gives to Elite pax and for having laundry rooms for last minute pressing needs!

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $284