3. Adventure of the Seas
My very first solo holiday taken because of low 'singles' price. Interesting comparing prices people had paid and 'extras' they had received. Boarding was very quick and my inside cabin was large and spotlessly clean. Cabin steward, Edwin, unfailingly helpful and friendly. First lunch in Windward was chaotic and unfortunately it didn't improve, similarly at breakfast. Plenty of staff serving drinks, would have been better employed finding seats. I usually finished up taking my food on deck and trays would have helped instead of queing for each course. There was plenty of choice but overall only average quality. Dinner was fair but not as good quality as on other company cruises. The dining rooms are lovely. The service varied. I had the soda package but in public area as a solo elderly female was often ignored. Think having to pay extra for fresh orange juice, Johnny Rockets, Ben & Jerries and Portofino wa extras a rip off. Italian food is very cheap to produce yet is $20. Tea bags in cabin but no coffee. I booked tours on line only to find there was much more choice once on board, although they are very good about 'swopping' Always plenty of sunbeds and deck chairs but don't lose your towel or you will be charged $25. Gets crowded round pools but aft and side decks plenty of room. Always plenty of room in the theatre, shows varied from awful to superb. The service charge that is automatically added to your account can be removed so you can tip where it's deserved. I did this and gave substantial tips to cabin steward, waiter and assistant waiter. For the price I paid it was value for money.

Food not up to expectations

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by danben

Tea bags in cabin but no coffee.
For the price I paid it was value for money.
danben’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

First class for size, comfort and cleanliness.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans