3. Ruby Princess

I reached my 60th Birthday in August but my celebration was my first cruise with my husband in October. It proved to be well worth the wait.

We flew from Manchester to Venice via Frankfurt and the embarkation process went very smoothly.

We arrived at 8.40 pm and were able to get a beautiful evening meal in Horizon Court. Choice was plentiful and flavoursome throughout the Cruise.

After our meal we had a quick look around the ship to check out the facilities.

From Day one the staff in the Wheelhouse Bar were friendly and attentive, making us feel special quickly calling us by our names which is a lovely touch.

The International Cafe was lovely especially when the musicians played there. Beautiful snacks and drinks served here throughout our stay.

For the first 24 hours I must admit to feeling overwhelmed by the sheer size of the ship and unsure of the protocols around cruising. During our first day at sea we became much more comfortable and familiar with everything.

The entertainment was very good, particularly the ships dancers, vocalists and musicians. The Mercury Rising Show was the highlight of the entertainment for us. We would travel to Venice just to see this act again.

Ruby Princess and her crew helped me celebrate a very memorable 60th Birthday.

The staff on the customer information desk were helpful, especially Tom. We witnessed some customers being very rude and demanding but the staff maintained a professional and helpful attitude.

The only down side for me was the disembarkation which was done at 8.30 a.m. We were at the airport at 9.30 for a flight which left at 3.20pm. We were unable to check in until after 12 noon and the only seating available was for disabled persons, consequently we had to stand for nearly three hours with our suitcases before check in. This spoiled an otherwise lovely holiday. This was the only time that we didn't feel like valued customers of Princess Cruises.

Well Worth the Wait

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Carol Wood

• Sail Date: October 2013
  • Destination: Greece

After our meal we had a quick look around the ship to check out the facilities.

Ruby Princess and her crew helped me celebrate a very memorable 60th Birthday.

Carol Wood’s Full Rating Summary

The cabin was an internal one. It was spacious, well furnished and immaculately maintained by Taslim our Stateroom Steward who was so accommodating and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He knew that this was not only a special cruise for us but our first and he helped with all our queries, offering us support and advice in the early days.
We decided that with hindsight we would prefer a cabin with a window as we missed the natural light.

Ruby Princess Deck Plans