• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Grandmaanne7
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2013
Cabin:

We are 6 ladies who enjoyed the Sensation from November 10 - 14, 2013. Two of us had never cruised before, two had been on one previous cruise 10 years earlier, one has been on 4 previous cruises and myself (I have been on 7 previous cruises).

We found the food, service and ambiance of the Sensation to be great. We had 3 ocean view cabins (R224, R228 and R232). Our cabin steward kept everything spotless and delighted us with a different towel animal creation each night. I had been a little apprehensive about the location of the cabins as our two cruise newbies were concerned about sea sickness and we were pretty far aft. This proved not to be an issue despite eventual problems (more on that later). The only complaints would be that 1) the layout of the beds forced anyone who wanted to look out the window to climb onto a bed and 2) the noise and vibration when docking was tremendous and would have been frightening to anyone who wasn’t aware of what was happening.

We ate mostly in the MDR and our dining team of Jesus, Stedwick and Ivan were outstanding! We looked forward to seeing them each evening and they knew all our names by the end of the first dinner. The food was quite good but not as good as I remember from my previous Carnival cruise of 10 years ago. The sea day brunch was delightful and the one meal we ate at the buffet was also good. We had 1 lunch at the Mongolian Wok which we all enjoyed and those who snacked on pizza also enjoyed it.

Cabin was comfortable and roomy. Quite noisy when docking so be aware. Good value

Find a Carnival Sensation Cruise from $228