AmaLyra Cruise Review

Best Cruise of over 30!!

AmaLyra Cruise Review by mlcinoh

• Sail Date: Oct 2013
  • Destination: Europe River

This was our first river cruise and we chose AMARIVERWAYS at the suggestion of my travel agent. It was, by far, the best cruise in over 30 I've enjoyed. From start to finish, we were treated like royalty: the airport were a bit late, but it could've been that we arrived in Amsterdam at 6:30 a.m. (an hour early!). On the cruise and post trips, we NEVER TOUCHED OIUR LUGGAGE! They were delivered from air to cabin, from cabin to bus, from bus to hotel room, from hotel room, to bus, to airline.

The food was outstanding and the service was superb; our waiter Romeo became a friend and treated us with promptness, aplomb and generosity. The tours (walking and bus) were perfectly paced. I chose the "gentle walks" (still recovering from a broken ankle) but the others in my party went on the other walks. Each group used the very convenient "quietvox" apparatus, with which we could hear the guid without hovering around him/her. Most days we had free time to shop, walk, bike, or rest.

For the first time I returned from a cruise satisfied and rested, rather than exhausted and frazzled. The passengers (140 of them) were of various age and very friendly. We made many friends with whom we'll keep in touch. Special kudos to Nick, our cruise manager/director: the essence of good humor, patience, compassion, and knowledge. We can't wait to take AMA again and recommend it without reservation!

Peggy

mlcinoh's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was superior! Water pressure was outstanding (important to me); linens were luxurious and service impeccable.

mlcinoh