CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

golfcrazynjbob
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Nov 2006
Cabin: Penthouse with Large Balcony

We arrived at the pier around 12:45. The lattitudes line was very short but the people who were not members had to wait through a huge line. Luckily, we are lattitudes members and were on board the ship by 1:oo. This was the second trip for my wife and I on the Dawn. The room was normal size for a cruise ship with a very nice closet and bathroom. The cabin guys, Eduardo and Raymond, did a great job keeping the room neat and were not overly intrusive.

Food Lunch in the Garden Buffet was fair to poor. The same food day after day, very repetitious, no real imagination to the menu. And I'm not a very picky on my food. I talked to JP about the Aqua restaurant and he said that the women no longer run that restaurant because it was under used.

Venetian restaurant had better quality food for both lunch and dinner. I went to dinner at around 5:30 and it was no problem getting seated. But later in the night there was long lines and people were not happy. A suggestion to Norwegian, Royal Caribbean has an alternative menu with certain staples, steak, chicken and other things that are available every night at the main restaurant. Norwegian needs to do the same thing because on a few nights there were no real choices that appealed to me and my party.

Penthouse with Large Balcony