Sister-in-law and I took this cruise mainly for the itinerary - we view cruises as a good way to get a quick look-see of an area. If we like what we see, we return. We are in our 50s and VERY independent. We didn't think we'd like a big ship and we were right. We went to Athens a couple days early on our own and had a great visit and a better stay at the lovely Hera Hotel. Post cruise we had a few days in Rome at the lovely Hotel Ponte Sixto. We arranged all transfers via email based on recommendations found on this and other websites. Embarkation was easy enough - we were concierge level but that brought few,if any, perks. The cabin and its balcony were very clean and very small! Two women bumping around is not a pretty sight at times. As soon as we got organized we went straight to the library to get tour books for Greece and Italy - imagine our surprise when there were ZERO available. All they had were for Asian ports, the ship having just repositioned from there. Then we went to see Concierge who told us there weren't any. Now, call me compulsive but a good concierge would have gotten on the phone and called the head office and had DHL provision the ship. Didn't happen. We don't like group travel so shore excursions on buses really don't work for us. Imagine our surprise when we discovered the destinations staff was really only interested in getting tours booked. They had no information on the ports and no one came aboard to give talks - local people came aboard after we were at anchor/port. And, speaking of anchoring, that meant tenders and the shore excursion folks were given priority over disembarking. This lasted about 3 days before I made an appointment with the hotel manager and discussed our displeasure over having our shore days significantly shortened because we couldn't get off the ship. Things got better after that. Finding a willing taxi driver to take us from ship to where we wanted to go was never a problem. The food was pretty but boring. There was a marked degree of inflexibility with the meals. Since I do not like buffets I was happy to eat breakfast in the main dining room. We ate a great many of our meals ashore, however. Entertainment was pretty lame, I am afraid. We didn't go to the casino and the shops were overpriced for stuff we didn't want/need anyway. The ship itself was clean and most of the staff (esp. cabin) was great. The overall decor, we thought, was a bit over the top (flocked wallpaper and brocade). The internet cafe was very pricey. Best thing about the ship - NO SMOKING! We like Windstar, Cruise West, etc. We won't do a big, factory ship again because we are too Type A to enjoy so much organization/inflexibility.

Nautica - Eastern Mediterranean

Nautica Cruise Review by wpcx2

The internet cafe was very pricey.
Best thing about the ship - NO SMOKING!
wpcx2’s Full Rating Summary