• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2013
Cabin:

I just returned from a 13 night relocation cruise on the Brilliance from Boston to Tampa. I have sailed on this ship 3 times but this is the first in over 4 years and it has been refurbished. We selected an inside cabin this year. We have had balcony rooms before but we had a very pleasant time in an inside room last year on another ship and thought we would try it again. Not so good this time. Our stateroom was extremely noisy this year we could easily hear those in adjoining rooms as well as hall noise and a constant roar and creaking of the ship. The waters were calm but for some reason these noises were going all day and night!!

The public rooms have been redone and in great style, the R Bar replaces the Champaign bar (I think) on 4 and they were using the Colony Club as an additional Diamond and up lounge the improvements are all positive. This cruise was generally middle-older Bostonians with a sprinkle of others. Few children.

We travel with another couple and we all thought the food was above par however we heard others complaining, our previous few cruised have departed from other countries and I think its what you are used to that makes you like the food.

Cabin was basic as usual, but seemed more noisy than usual. We could hear those in cabins on each side talking in regular tone. Hall noise and some kind of low roar going at all times (I think it was a dishwasher)Convenient location however

previous reviewnext review