3. Royal Princess

The outside of ship was impressive. The Atrium was gorgeous. Our inside room was nice size. Plenty of storage for clothes and space to walk around either side of bed. Stairs cases where at a minimum. You had to take elevators all the time, otherwise you needed to do a lot of walking to find stairs.

cabin was nice size for an inside cabin. Towels are very rough. Would use them on my car but not my face. Shower temperature control did not work. Room steward was very good. Plenty of storage in room for clothes. T.V. channels are limited and the same station breaks have been on other cruise ships and the same ones for the past 3 yrs. Same thing over and over again.  The shower temperature dial didn't work, so we couldn't set it. Luckily, the water came out hot, but not scolding hot.

The casino was not smoke free. If they have smoke handlers in casino to remove the smoke, they didn't do a good job. Had to walk out after a half hour. The Horizon Cafe Buffet had 2 seating areas. One was nicely done but quite warm. The other one was drab but kept very cool. The food though was good.

The dining room was done in all brown family colors and a lot of polished woods. Not a cozy feeling. The food we ordered was good and we enjoyed it. The first not was a nightmare. Waited 1/2 hr. to get into open sitting for 2 and once in, it took them another 20 min. before we where served any bread and water. They did get act together for the remaining part of the trip. Sabatini's was delicious as always. I've been on several other Princess cruises but this one just wasn't one of the good ones.

Maiden Caribbean Cruise--NOT Thrilled