3. Pacific Princess
These smaller ships are much more pleasant than the 2000+ passenger ones and you get to know your fellow passengers, as you meet them around the ship much more often. Getting on & off the ship's quicker, the restaurant is far superior and there's plenty of room on the top deck (never any need to worry about getting a sunbed at any time of day). OK, the entertainment is not so good, but it's still enjoyable and at least you're never too far away from the stage. The restaurant is particularly pleasant and the food/choice of was excellent - much better than the sister ship Ocean Princess, that we sailed on in May. Choice at the buffet breakfast was superb and freshly cooked eggs to order. The only let down as far as staff were concerned, were the rude Reception staff - but we've found this on other ships and it must be something to do with the job. Our cabin & restaurant staff were excellent. The cruise itself was interesting - good to see some of the places in the Black sea, but I'm not sure I'd want to back. we couldn't get into Yalta (Ukraine) because if high winds & rough seas, which was a shame. Weather in mid Sept was generally fine, but I'd not want to go any later.

Black sea & Crimean Coats

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by chrislingard

chrislingard’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Mini suites are really worth the extra money - a decent sized cabin with lots of storage, good sized balcony and a full sized bath, with overhead shower.
  Pacific Princess Deck Plans