3. Independence of the Seas

We've never cruised before so thought this would be a good way to try it. Check-in was amazingly easy (although I was in my wheelchair which mean skipping the HUGE queues). Staff were really helpful & whisked our luggage away before assisting us onto the ship. We loved IOS. Amazing service in the dining room each evening& our room attendent was brilliant.

Staff were great with my son. He did rock climbing, ice skating, swimming, golf. He was interested in the kids club but that was disappointing - staff ignored us when we went to register, they didn't give him a tour of the facilities and as such, he wouldn't go to the club. It didn't matter but given that it is meant to be an award winning kids facility, it was a shame.

DIsappointing that other passengers were so greedy... on the formal night, with the Captain's reception, people tended to grab 3-4 glasses of champagne which meant that lots of people didn't get any.

Room service was appalling - we tried it twice, just to order tea & coffee but both times it took over an hour for it to arrive.

Great first cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Grockle

• Sail Date: September 2013
  • Destination: France

Grockle’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9

Cabin was wonderful - clean, bright & plenty big enough (although door wasn't wide enough to accomodate my wheelchair without collapsing it, despite having mentioned it when I booked), lots of storage, lovely spacious balcony & decent shower. Bed amazingly comfortable.

Independence of the Seas Deck Plans