3. Carnival Elation
Now this is a fun party ship. Four of us took the Elation out of Galveston, Texas a few weeks ago. This Western Caribbean cruise's ports of call were Progresso, Mexico, Cozumel, and Belize. This was my 1st cruise. This was also the first cruise for my four co-workers and friends in our late twenties, who shared in the activities on this fun boat. We all thought the staff on this ship were great, they were helpful to us first time cruisers for the seven days. Food and service in the dining rooms was wonderful. We had no major problems. We found the "Elation" to be first-rate and what I expected this cruise to be. We flew to Texas early. We flew into Houston from Minneapolis on Friday afternoon. Our travel agent hooked us up with a van service she had used to transfer us to Galveston, Texas which is about 80 miles from the big airport in Houston. Before driving us to Galveston, our driver gave us a "look see" of Houston. I realized on this tour of Houston that it truly is a huge city. After treating us to a free tour of Houston he drove us to Galveston, we arrived at out hotel about 6:30pm, and checked in. The hotel was great. We stayed at the "Tremont House Hotel" downtown in the old historic district of Galveston. After our check in, we placed our bags in our room and walked down the street for dinner. We were in the middle of all the fun in the downtown area. The weekend we were there, was the weekend of the Galveston Greek Festival. And being Greek myself I really got into the spirit. All the fun was within a block or two of our hotel. Lots of neat bars and great restaurants with fresh Texas Gulf Coast seafood. It was worth the trip to Texas just to visit the fun city of Galveston. On Sunday at noon our hotel provided us with free transportation to the "Elation" which was only three to five minutes away from the hotel. We checked in on the ship about 12:30pm and when to our cabin. The four of us shared the same cabin. Elation's cabins are bare bones in dEcor and amenities: We had a color TV with CNN, telephone and radio, the cabins have no hair dryers. The bathroom was fairly large, with hand-held shower. Our room attendant took good care of our needs. We enjoyed the live entertainment.  The lavishly costumed casts perform two live production shows weekly.  This is an integral part of the Elation's nightlife. We started our evenings after dinner at Duke's piano bar on Elation, where one finds replicas of New York's Empire State Building. After that we then headed for a hopping disco and the large and active casino. The food was absolutely wonderful, all the restaurants did a good job the four of us really enjoyed ourselves, we didn't have a bad day from the time we left the Houston Airport to when we returned. This is truly a fun cruise, with lots of fun loving people on board to keep the party going. I think the people from Texas are very friendly. The weather was absolutely great the whole time in Texas and at sea. I should mention that some of the people on the ship told us that they started getting a little ill, with flu symptoms. They think they got it from people on the ship's shuttle bus from the airport. One lady told us that there was people on the bus sneezing and coughing without covering their mouths. I'm glad we didn't use the cruise ship's shuttle. Get a FLU Shot, before you leave and do as we did get a van service to transport you to your ship and back. As I mentioned earlier we used a van service in Houston that our travel agent had used after reading about this service in cruise reviews from other cruisers, much like the one I'm writing now. We also had also arranged for the shuttle service that brought us to Galveston, to pick us up at the ship for our return to the Houston Airport. I should also mention that getting back to the airport seems to be less of a hassle the way we did it, than circus we saw other cruisers go through trying to board buses to the airport. And hoping they wouldn't their flight. On our return to Galveston we cleared customs at about 9:45am, called our shuttle driver from our cell phone, our driver was standing by just off site. Five minutes later we were on our way to the airport. We arrived at the airport at 11:15, in plenty of time for our flight back to Minneapolis. We wish to thank Carnival Cruise Line and its staff for keeping to party going and us making us comfortable for seven wonderful days. I recommend this ship and this itinerary to anyone who is planning a fun cruise vacation. I also recommend you spend an extra day in Galveston on the Gulf of Mexico. This was the best vacation I ever had. Mr. L. J. Cormier, the shuttle driver/tour guide can be reached at 281 443 4430, he might give you a free tour of Houston, if your not in hurry. Please feel free to write me at : sophiepappas@hotmail.co

Carnival Elation - Western Caribbean

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Sophia Pappas

Please feel free to write me at : sophiepappas@hotmail.co
Sophia Pappas’s Full Rating Summary