Louis Aura Cruise Review

Louse cruises

Louis Aura Cruise Review by ladyneelie

• Sail Date: Sep 2013
  • Destination: Greece

Our superior cabin turned out to be an inferior porthole and bunk job with towels you could shoot peas through and shagged out linen. It was as clean as the very nice cabin attendants could make it. The whole ship was a backpackers ship, and we found out from other guests that the 'better cabins' had been discount marketed in the states. We booked online - what a mistake! When we requested some decent towels the cabin attendants had to try and get some from superior cabins - only happened once. The food was disgusting and the only decent food to be found was on the buffet. We didn't get a drink card thankfully.

Because we were independent travellers and not with a group, we were made to feel like lepers in the dining room and stuck at the lepers table. We met two girls from Australia who were on a Kon Tiki tour which is where you meet other people and have fun, except there were no other Kon Tiki people on board. If we had paid half the price and were backpackers this might have been an ok deal. The only good thing about the tour was the destinations and the length of time at each port. Next time I would rather go on a ferry - but took the cruise as it was a first time visit. Wrong wrong wrong. Either I pressed the wrong button or ended up being landed with an onshore package which didn't work out too badly except that some of the onshore trips were cancelled. To get our money back we got a piece of paper and had to write to the office in Athens. I did this and posted the letter in Athens. I will bet London to a brick on that we never hear from them again with regard to this. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than take a Lousy Louis cruise again - and if you need to cruise the Greek Islands, find another way. Even the lifeboats on this ship look suss. Thank God for kind weather.

ladyneelie's Full Rating Summary