3. Crystal Serenity
My wife and I have always had a stereotypical opinion of what a cruise would be like having seen documentaries on the subject, portraying a negative view. So when the opportunity arose to try one we agreed with some trepadation. How wrong we were! This cruise surpassed all expectations. We were greeted at the airport by three couriers who directed us to the transfer coach and from then on every detail was covered by a representitive. The cabin was comfortable with a sumptous kingsize bed and balcony. Our maid who looked after our cabin coudn't do enough for us and was always cheerful and attentive. Daily pamphlets were left detailing the next day's excursion. Many choices of restauraunts to choose from serving delicious food along with copious amounts of drink on offer throughout the day ( all inclusive). The excursions were plentiful and varied in choice, albeit a bit expensive! The entertainment was varied but nothing to write home about. All staff were extremely polite and helpful and always made us feel welcome. If there was one gripe it would be the long walk back from the Venice excursion boat that landed us at the quayside for us to walk back to the ship, which for a disabled person was a bit much! Many fellow passengers remarked that we have been spoiled by going on a first cruise at such a high standard which will make future cruise ships hard to beat. Would I go again, You bet. ( and I don't work for Chrystal).

Luxury in the Med