3. Celebrity Solstice

This was not our first cruise but our first with Celebrity. Having heard great reviews from many, I was astounded when the Solstice fell so short.

I was told the food was great. It was mediocre in the dining room but the specialty restaurants were nothing short of wonderful!

Traveling with a wheelchair, I encountered several problems. First, the elevator door didn't sense my presence and jammed into my wheel, taking a chunk out of the wheel and ripping off my foot rest. Needing to check with guest services early on for departure, I disembarked in my wheelchair to the surprise of the ground services and had to have things rearranged to accomodate me.

Excursions were really disorganized. I am used to Princess. People are preassigned to buses and there is always staff to lead you in the right direction. Not so with Celebrity. You get off the ship and you might see staff and then no one until you get near the buses. (If you are lucky, they are nearby!)

Not all was bad. We had the best room steward EVER. Most of the onboard staff was extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. Never saw so many smiles.

Jury is out whether we will revisit Celebrity.

Nothing to celebrate with Celebrity

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by lakescrapper

• Sail Date: September 2013
  • Destination: USA

Jury is out whether we will revisit Celebrity.

lakescrapper’s Full Rating Summary

Beautiful, spacious cabin and definitely designed with the handicapped in mind. It made things a lot easier for me.

Celebrity Solstice Deck Plans