3. Carnival Spirit

On entering the ship it took my breath away, how could a ship be so gaudy! Having cruised previously on Cunard I wasn't expecting it to be luxurious but I wasn't expecting this.

The cabin was fine same size as Cunard and well set out.

I knew there were going to be children and on the whole they were good, some of the parent's not so good, they seemed to think that everyone was happy for little Johnny to run everywhere.

Level 9 had a large selection of food, some good some not so good, once you found somewhere to sit. Drinks exorbitant, Sydney restaurant prices which you do not expect on a ship. The shopping was very good and well priced.

Very little entertainment for adults if you didn't want to play bingo. Spoke with a couple who had children with them and said they would not come back as it was their holiday as well and there was nothing if you didn't want to play silly games.

The food in the dining room was good, only problem our waiters kept giving the wrong dishes, they forgot who had ordered what.

Our cabin steward, Katut, yes Katut! was wonderful and the shop staff excellent.

We have made friends with our dinner table members and will probably keep in touch. Would I cruise on Spirit again, you would have to carry me on screaming, but as they say you don't know if you don't try.

CRUISE SHIP MEETS TACKY LAS VEGAS CASINO

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Lancer45

• Sail Date: September 2013
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The cabin was fine same size as Cunard and well set out.

Lancer45’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8A 7210

Nice room, not noisy, easy to get to all areas from there and not noisy. Good hanging space, bathroom a good size, disappointed by shampoo and body wash dispenser, very basic. Never use them but made the bathroom appear cheap. Good view from balcony just above entrance for excursions so you got to see what was going on. Would be happy to have this cabin again.

Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins