3. Brilliance of the Seas

I went on this cruise with four other male friends (gay upper-30 year olds) and we had two balcony cabins. Our cabin slept four, but we had three in it. There was enough room for three, but more would feel cramped. The itinerary was great. The stops included, France, England, Ireland (twice), Faroe Islands, and Iceland. Could do without the Faroe Islands, as there was nothing going on there, barely were off the ship for 1.5 hours.

The ship itself was very nice for its age. It recently had a bit of a facelift and it showed. The ship felt new and fresh. The common areas were all well maintained and classy feeling. The staff was mostly very good. Especially the R bar and Schooner Bar staff was very good, who were very friendly and experienced.

The food was good in each venue, although I wasn't the biggest fan of the Giovanni's Table food. Not worth the upcharge I didn't think. I did like Chops.

We did the drink package for unlimited drinks for 15 days at a cost of $825 each and that was SO worth it. Saved us tons of money and is well worth it if you are a drinker. You can get top-shelf liquors, which cost about $10 ordered separately. Just watch your bill if you get it, as we were each charged a few times from bars for drinks, even though we had the package.

I highly recommend this ship if you have the option. Good size and many options of dining venues and bars. I can't speak much to the entertainment, as we only went to a couple shows. They are what they are ... mass-market cruise line shows.

15 Night Transatlantic, England to Boston

Scott1975DC’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Outside View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E3 7578

This room was above Vintages and slightly above the edge of the Casino. You could hear just a little noise from the Casino later at night. Nothing to bothersome though. The room itself is a good location if you are on Deck 7, close enough to the mid-ship stairwells, but not too close. Note this room is on the opposite side of the side-mounted mid-ship elevators on this ship.

Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins