3. Norwegian Breakaway

We sailed the Breakaway on 8/25/13, 7 nights to Bermuda. We stayed in an S7 Suite, a Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse, and we loved it. There was plenty of storage space - much more than we needed; the rooms (bedroom and separate living room/dining area) were attractively decorated; the bed was extremely comfortable; I wanted to take the bathroom home with me, LOL; and our Steward and Butler were attentive, professional, and went out of their way to accommodate our wishes. Yes, the balcony is small, and covered, but comfortable for two people to enjoy a cup of coffee and the sea breezes.

I was most impressed with the Haven complex; after seeing how lovely and tranquil it was, we spent no time at all at the much more crowded and frenetic main pool and sundeck. We really enjoyed the Haven Restaurant, but I must say, the food was consistently good wherever we dined on the ship (except for O'Sheehan's, where the food was mediocre; we did not eat at the buffet at all). In fact, this was the best food we've had on any cruise (we've sailed NCL, Carnival [never again!], and Princess in the past).

We particularly enjoyed the Cirque Dreams and Dinner show; it was the equal of any show of that type we've seen on land. Very impressive. Rock of Ages was well-cast and well-presented, but perhaps not exactly my cup of tea.

The ship overall was quite lovely, classy, without the over-the-top gaudiness we have seen in some other ships. Everything on the Breakaway is tasteful and well-designed.

Do not miss Carlo's Bake Shop! The lobster tails, cannolis, and pecan squares are to die for.

Definitely, if you can, choose Haven accommodations: well worth the difference in price for the service and facilities, as well as for the priority embarkation/disembarkation and priority seating at shows.

I suppose the best endorsement I can give is to let you know we have booked a short "getaway" cruise on the Breakaway for the winter, again in an S7 suite, because we can't wait to get back on that gorgeous ship!

Absolutely loved the Breakaway!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by mem329

• Sail Date: August 2013
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

mem329’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H7 12706

We stayed in an S7 Suite, a Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse, 12706, and we loved it. Plenty of storage space - much more than we needed; bedroom and separate living room/dining area were attractively decorated; bed was extremely comfortable; bathroom was beautifully appointed, with separate tub, shower, and two sinks; upgraded coffee maker in room, along with DVD player. Balcony is small, and covered, but comfortable for two people to enjoy a cup of coffee and the sea breezes.

Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins