3. Celebrity Silhouette

In August my husband and I took the Celebrity Silhouette from Venice to Rome with stops in Dubrovnik, Montenegro, Corfu, Mykonos, Santorini, Naples and Corsica. It was an amazing trip.

This was our second journey with Celebrity having sailed on the Equinox a year earlier for our honeymoon.

This time we upgraded to an S1 Sky Suite. We absolutely loved it. Some might complain because it is not close to elevators and is literally at the back of the ship but we loved that about it. It was quiet with a wrap-around balcony with endless sun and a perfect view of all ports we visited. The suite was beautifully appointed and also featured a large porthole window in addition to the veranda. It is exactly like the picture presented by Celebrity.

Once you experience the "suite" life there is no turning back. Superior room attendants (we had Michelle), a full service butler (Nelson) and a beautifully appointed room with upgraded bedding and a spectacular bathroom (at least by cruise standards).

No all Sky Suites are the same and some of Celebrity's own pictures are misleading. S2 suites for example do not feature a porthole window in addition to the terrace and are not laid out as nicely. Word to the wise.

Can't say enough about the Silhouette. Beautiful ship. Great restaurants, (make sure to take advantage of the free specialty restaurants which come with the suite, lovely theatre and awesome bars throughout.

I have been on 19 cruises and the Solstice Class of ship on the Celebrity is my favorite bar none. We have booked a return to the Mediterranean next summer on the Equinox - also in Sky Suite at the back of the ship! xx

Magical Trip

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by mmakin

mmakin’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Great storage, plenty of room. Beautifully appointed

Celebrity Silhouette Deck Plans