3. Celebrity Summit
PlWe arrived at LAX to be transferred to the ship. A representative of Celebrity was present and gathered us into an area to await a bus. After she made repeated calls for a bus, no one came. We were stranded at the terminal for about an hour and a half before a bus finally arrived. We were greeted at the ship by the staff and escorted to our cabin a veranda cabin which we found nice enough. We have sailed approx. 14 times so we are not new to cruising. The ship is in generally good repair, our cabin could use some updating (bedspread etc.) Our cabin stewardess was friendly and mostly efficient. The staff was extraordinary, you could not pass a crew member who didn't acknowledge you in a friendly manner. The minus side: Food, the dining was extremely regimented. The main seating was at 6:30 PM. If you chose to go to the informal dining area (the buffet area) you had a choice of three entrees and you MUST make reservations in advance. The buffets left something to be desired. Dinner in the dining room was without taste, no seasoning AT ALL. The two safe choices were steak and lobster, besides that dinner was less than a good experience. For a cruise line that advertises their food, they should drag Chef Roux behind the ship. Very poor. We sailed on the Horizon, many years ago and were unhappy, we tried it again under new management, also unhappy, will not sail Celebrity again, RCL and Princess have it all over Celebrity. The port side of the ship was smoking, I am a former smoker and I vowed that I would never become one of those who preached and I will not, but it was so thick on the port side that even I didn't want to walk through it. In all we enjoyed Hawaii, we would have liked more time in Maui, The Captain was all over the ship, very accessible and friendly, shows were good. Generally older crowd, many in wheelchairs and using oxygen. It is good that they are able to travel and enjoy their older years God bless them. Next winter we will cruise again but not with Celebrity at any cost.

Summit - Hawaii