3. Norwegian Breakaway

My Wife and I decided we needed a getaway after a long summer of family and work so we started looking for a trip we had not done. Bermuda came to mind and leaving from NYC was no problem.

The Breakaway is a BIG ship. As with the Epic, these ships just seem to lose some mystique with their size. The service is just a little off. The cabin was just a little smaller (206 sq ft) and the balcony was tiny. The food was good but not great. I enjoyed Cagney's (at a premium) but the Garden Cafe was disappointing. Manhattans and Taste was better. The entertainment was not as good as on the Epic. The Customer Service was a disaster. Now, the good. Clean. Noise in and around the cabin was fine and we were just off the elevator bank starboard aft. We had somewhere around 3,000 passengers (on a 4100 PAX Ship) and one did not get a sense of it being crowded. The wait staff, cabin steward and bar staff were fantastic. Appointments like Malt-in's and the open bar on the 8th deck were a nice touch. Ease on off and was superb for a large ship. Bermuda was great. I want to go back. The Dockside is the first and a nice way to enter Bermuda. Beaches, golf courses, good gift selections but a bit pricey.

All in all, if you paid what we paid for a Balcony Cabin, then you got a good deal even with the negatives. I just miss the old Norwegian and the charm that brought us back. But, should the opportunity arise again, we will probably sale Norwegian again.

Norwegian Breakaway - Okay

skpdavis’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 10880

An efficient, smallish room with a small but nice balcony. Quiet.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• King's Wharf

Bermuda is beautiful. The shore excursions are many and varied. We chose a private guide and had a wonderful trip through the two main islands and into Hamilton. Very interesting, exceedingly clean and friendly. The historical restoration of Dockside and the Commissioner's House is fantastic. This Colony of Great Britain is proud of its heritage with the USA and welcomes tourism as its national treasure. While a bit pricey one can find everything from Sea Doo Tours to quiet beach trips and easy dining. A must visit.

View All 764 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's King's Wharf Cruise Port Review
  • New York (Manhattan)

The embarkation port would have been a 5+ except for the screwy way NYC has set up the roadway approach. Very confusing and a real bottleneck. The loading and unloading of the ship was as good as I have seen. Very efficient. Again, leaving the terminal one has to join a mass exodus across the busy street to the only cab stand. NYC Police did a great job of moving the crowds though.

View All 856 New York (Manhattan) Cruise Port Reviews