Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Constellation - Western Mediterranean

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Nancy

• Sail Date: Oct 2006
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

We were on our first cruise. The ship appeared very clean and inviting. All of the staff we encountered were polite and pleasant. We had butler service with our suite. This was a huge disappointment as he was not overly friendly nor ever "offered" any services listed in the brochure. It seems he had 12 other cabins with whom to "serve" as well and ended up with nothing additional to a cabin steward who dressed well! When I asked for a coke with room service lunch the one time I ordered lunch I was informed I could get it from the mini bar! The furniture was worn thread bear and so uncomfortable we had to put cushions under the seats of the sofabed to tolerate sitting on it. After 3 days into our 11 day cruise both my husband and myself were hit by the " Norovirus" and forced into isolation in our cabin for 48hr. We missed a formal nite, two shore excursions to the ruins on Mexico and stayed weak and not well the remainder of the cruise. The C.D.C. boarded toward the end of the cruise and staff told us over 300 cases had been reported with the gastrointestinal virus. ( which is caused by contaminated food and or water and insufficient hand washing ) We had been eating salads and drinking the ship's water after being told it was safe.... No compensation has been offered thus far and the ship is leaving the port the very day we disembarked with another load of passengers heading for Cozumel with 4 hours in between to "clean up" the ship.... While confined to our cabin I requested free internet access or in room movies and customer service denied the request! The only contact we had was when security phoned our cabin to make sure we were there and had to speak to each one of us. That was the extent to the Constellation's concern.

Nancy's Full Rating Summary