3. Carnival Dream

The embarkation was very efficient and, after embarking with our daughter, who is in a wheelchair, we had some lunch in the buffet restaurant before going to our cabin. The cabin was an adapted spa oceanview cabin on Deck 11 (Category 4S). We were very impressed with the space and comfort. Unfortunately we made very little use of the spa area because a large part of it is not open to under 18s. We had hoped to take our 9 year-old daughter in the hydrotherapy pool but were not able to.

The crew were generally very helpful and friendly, especially our cabin stewardess - Agniezka (from Poland) - who was absolutely superb. We got a new towel animal in our cabin every night, which our daughter loved.

The team of waiters in the Scarlet Restaurant were also very good, as was the entertaining Maitre'D from India.

Food was generally very good, although the variety in the buffet restaurant could have been greater on a ship this size. That said, the food we tried was all very good.

The ports we visited were all interesting and we were able to walk off the ship and roam around the different places at our leisure without resorting to taxis or public transport. The only port which we found slightly disappointing was Grand Turk. There was very little there except for a beach. I would have preferred to call at the port we were originally scheduled to visit when we booked the cruise - St Maarten.

The two sea days were fun and gave us a chance to relax and explore the ship. I really enjoyed the onboard art gallery and art auctions.

Disembarkation was definitely the most efficient I've seen in the cruises I have been on, with numbers assigned so that a gradual disembarkation took place between 8am and 10:30 with nor real overcrowding as I have seen on some previous cruises where disembarkation has been squeezed into too short a timeframe.

All in all, a very enjoyable cruise.

Relaxing Eastern Caribbean Adventure

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by JemIB66

• Sail Date: August 2013
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Ocean View (obstructed views)

All in all, a very enjoyable cruise.

JemIB66’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Spa Ocean View (obstructed views)
Cabin 6S 11203

The cabin was very spacious and comfortable, being a disability adapted cabin. Although the oceanview was slightly obstructed by the communal balcony area outside, The view was still good. The bathroom was very nice, with a large shower area and again more spacious than average. The decor looked slightly old fashioned but was still very nice.

Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins