3. Norwegian Jade

If poor quality food is ok with you the Jade is the Ship for you. The desserts were all like something you would get out of the freezer section at a low end grocery. The breads were sometimes fresh and sometimes not. One night we paid extra for the Italian restaurant on ship and it was better, not great but better.

Be forewarned, free style dining means, eating in a cafeteria or as much as a 90 minute wait in the main dining room if you want to eat between 7 and 9 pm, with 45 of those minutes standing in line. We had a variety of meals in the dining room none were more than mediocre. The staff spent a great deal of time replacing your utensils, like the meal was special but looks do not make a tasty meal.

The entertainment at the big shows was very good and they did two shows a night which was nice. The entertainers in the lounges were poor quality singers who could not sing and had to read every word. One was so bad I wondered if they picked her up in a Karaoke bar.

The ship was very clean, gaudy but clean. The decor in our balcony room was nice and the room nicely laid out and well kept.

The lady who gave the talks on going ashore gave a sales pitch for their excursions only. When I asked about going a shore on my own she said she had no idea what was available to get around. This was in sharp contrast to other ships I have been on where the staff were helpful. The ports were great. I did not use their excursions.

I have been very happy with previous cruises so was surprised by how much I disliked this ship.

Best thing about the food was I did Not get sick

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Belize Snowbird

Belize Snowbird’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BB 10506

10506 was a great spot as long as the neighbors were not out on their balcony - they were so loud had to go inside and shut the door. The room was very quiet and nice size. This was my first time with a balcony - it was nice.

Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins