3. Carnival Conquest

Well this was our 11 cruise all on Carnival. We have never sailed out of New Orleans so this was our first. We started by leaving Chicago on The Amtrak which was really neat although 2 hours behind ( never caught up) it was still a lot of fun to travel this way.

The Conquest is still a beautiful ship despite her age everywhere you looked it was clean and people were cleaning and painting to keep her sharp. I have read reviews about her in the past that talks about the crew being rude, I never found ONE everywhere we went they smiled and said HELLO, our room steward SUGI meet us right away and never forgot our names. Dinner was not bad sometimes the food came out warm but never cold, "people were feeding 3,000 guests", OKAY. I never encountered a line for food on the Lido deck and we were full. Our cabin was warm and that is a real change because in the past it has always been cold, next time a fan will be brought.

I have in the past talked about trying to travel and navigate a wheel chair around these boats although we had some problems, like the 4th floor trying to get into the dining room through the photo gallery was one obstacle Carnival needs to address. If you see someone pushing a wheel chair into a theater and your in the HANDICAPP location and do not need it PLEASE move it is very hard and very disrespectable to that person, that needs that spot. Carnival is doing better by marking off certain location but more can and should be done. The Diva's didn't like it Latin Nights never say it overall Carnival has stopped the big Vegas shows why DON'T KNOW, and this new LED screen stuff STINKS!!!! No live bands anymore all music is taped.

Overall me and my wife had a very good cruise, the sail down the Mississippi was very interesting and well worth it you can spend Sunday night watching it roll by. I feel in my minds eye Carnival is changing has changed and some for the better some for bad, I mean after 11 cruises your corporation leaves me a HAT!!! Gee Thanks, not that I'm looking for the keys to the KINGDOM but......... That's all I have to say on that subject and the welcome back party lets just say next year I will skip. Maybe Carnival can do away with that and bring back the FUTURE CRUISE CERIFICATE. The only to get on board credit now is get their CREDIT CARD and book or use your own CC and book. WHAT IF I'M NOT SURE WHERE I WANT TO GO???? What if your credit is not to good and you can not get a credit card?? So Carnival in that sense has blown that, part of repeat business.

Big Easy Cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by spotdog32

spotdog32’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8B 9276

Cabin 9276 my wife does not need a handicap room but needs a wheel chair for long distance, we get her close fold up the chair and in she goes. We chose this cabin because it is right off the elevators and it is so much easier to maneuver her around. We knew there would be noise but this was terrible and very LOUD it lasted until 2AM and started again at 6AM People don't need a outside voice INSIDE!! CABIN IS HOT!!!!! The only time it seemed cool was overnight while we were sailing and we kept the curtains closed in the daytime still did not help. The only pro you walk out and all of The Lido deck is right there waiting for you, swimming movies and food I would give this cabin a 5.

Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins