A Spectacular Ship: Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by terp2053
Overall Member Rating
A Spectacular Ship
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Almost everything that I would write about this ship is positive:
* The RCI has embarkation down to a science. We arrived early, flew through the process then waited for just a few minutes to be called on to the ship.
* The size of the ship makes it perfect for anyone fearing seasickness. We actually kind of missed the little roll of the ship at night. But for a first timer scared of being sick, it seems highly unlikely you could experience motion issues on this ship.
* Ship public areas and rooms seemed to be in good shape.
* Reasonable size cabin and balcony. If you do not need connecting doors between rooms, stay away from these rooms as the sound seems to travel. Not a big deal.
* Great service by cabin steward and the wait staff.
* Loved walking down the promenade and Central Park each More evening. These are beautiful areas.
* Entertainment, particularly the non-comic shows were of Broadway caliber.
* Aqua show was equally fabulous.
* Food quality in the Windjammer, Park Cafe, and Main Dinning Room was always excellent.
* While the outside decks were crowded on sea days, it is always possible to find a lounge chair in either the shade or the sun.
* Great workout facility and a nearly 1/2 mi jogging track....helped keep off the weight.
* On and off in port was a snap and quicker than I ever remember on other ships.
Having said all of the above, I wish you could get everything I liked about this ship on a little smaller ship. At times it did not even seem like we were at sea. Additionally, on a ship this size, the beaches at Labadee were packed.....way more than when you are on the Freedom of the Seas. 6000 people getting off a ship in most ports overwhelms the beach areas. This is not an RCCI issue, just my preference for a little less on the crowds. On the ship, however, I never felt the crowds.
Overall a great time! Less