3. Celebrity Solstice

I have been on 30 cruises over the past 35 years and believe Celebrity to be best of the Major Lines. I have yet to sail on the "Top" Lines (Regent Seven Seas, Silversea etc) but sailing Celebrity has been just fine.

The annoucement that the Solstice would be doing Alaska in 2013 sounded great to me. I have been to Alaska many times, on many ships. I cannot say enough of how lovely she is. The whole ship just done right. The service great, food good to great and our suite beyond wonderful. Thank you Brij, our Butler who took complete care of us and 9 other suites!!

The weather in Ketchikan- 80 and sunny! My last trip to Alaska on the Infinity in 2006 we had the same beautiful weather. Don't miss the Dungeness Crab tour.

My one disappointment was the timing of sailing through Tracy Arm so very early.

I have always sailed from Vancouver enjoying going thru the Queen Charlotte Islands, but this cruise was out of Seattle and we had one day up at sea and one day back at sea. No Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord or Glacier Bay; the real way to see many glaciers. But I want to be on the Solstice and so glad we chose this.

Thank you again Celebrity. Just receieved the Cruise Travel with a great article on the Reflection and how highly they rate it. Looks like Europe/Mediterranean is calling us!

Wonderful Solstice and Alaska

Kmbankie’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Royal Suite
Cabin RS 1614

Royal Suite 1614. The best (will maybe the Penthouse was better!). Large living and dining room, bar area and powder room (half bath-plus!!). Bedroom, walk in closet, tons of storage, vanity and super master bath-marble walkin shower, large jacuzzi tub, double sinks and spacious. Very nice veranda even had a jacuzzi tub with lounge chair and table and chair. Could live in this suite. Beautiful decor

Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins