3. Norwegian Pearl

My wife Suz and I just returned from a 7 night Alaskan cruise aboard the NCL PEARL that included superb food, incredible weather, fine entertainment and as far as we're concerned, the best staff of any cruise ship we've ever been on.

We have nothing but superlatives to dish out to everyone who made this such a perfect week for us. The food was really standing out on this trip, especially the Bavarian Beer Festival and the absolutely delectable German food that was presented at the Great Outdoors on the ships aft. I don't what to say to reviewers who found fault with the quality of the food on the Pearl but both my wife and I were duly impressed with the exception of one night... the salmon bake at Garden Cafe which offered fish items that were not up to our standards for seafood. Other than that the food exceeded our expectations with every meal.

Our room steward Joey was perfect in every way (can't say the same for the 2 room stewards we encountered on the NCL Star this past April) Joey greeted us by name each morning and evening and always kept our cabin in wonderful shape.

The Cruise director Pedro and his staff were always so friendly towards us with both Morne' from South Africa and Steven from Fiji really standing out.

In the past, I have always spoken about how our cruise on RCL Oasis was my favorite but after this past week, I've changed how I feel. The smaller ships give more people, both guests and staff, a better chance to get to know one another. The pleasantries exchanged by everyone aboard a cruise has become my favorite part of the cruising experience. In this regard, and every other, the Norwegian Pearl exceeded our every expectation.

The Pearl doesn't disappoint