We are three couples travelling together aged 50-60.  We are active, energetic, friendly and love to dance. Well if you too are like that - don't go on Holland America. At least not on the Eurodam to the Baltic. Apart from computer help programs (run by Microsoft) and some cooking demonstrations there are no interactive activities during the sea days. Dancing lessons are not that, they are auditions for HA's 'Dancing With The Stars' show on the last night. The passengers perform a set choreographed routine and the best two are selected for the final. The BB King band was well supported and it plays good blues and jazz - not the sort of thing you can rock'n roll or cha cha to. HAL cats play various ballroom dance music but only for an hour from 5.30. They do play later but as we were late dining, we didn't get to enjoy them then. The best sing along, dance along music was from Diane at the piano bar. Unfortunately the bar is carpeted and not suitable for dancing - we still gave it a go but it was difficult to dance there. There is also a late night disco...I think. We checked it out many times and only ever found a few kids doing some putting practice with a golf club. I don't know what the families with young children found to do. Admittedly there were not that many of those on this cruise. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that if you have limited mobility and a strong desire to do not much more than relax during a cruise, then this one is for you. I'm just sorry we did not read a review such as this before we booked. We have travelled before on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess and loved all the activities and interaction with the entertainment staff - that did not happen on this cruise. Based on this experience, none of us will cruise with Holland America again.

Wrong cruise for us

Eurodam Cruise Review by Davelen

I'm just sorry we did not read a review such as this before we booked.
Based on this experience, none of us will cruise with Holland America again.
Davelen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Good position in the middle. Good sized balcony. Noise from pool deck above especially early before a sea day (lunch by the pool) and late evening after special meal (sea-food bar-b-que). We were usually late to bed and early risers so it didn't bother us too much. It would be something to consider for others though.
  Eurodam Deck Plans