3. Grandeur of the Seas

At the last minute, my husband and I got a really good-deal cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda for a week; probably would have spent more staying home! Instead of the usual multi-hour airplane nightmare, this time it only took a short 40-minute drive to get to the Port of Baltimore. We got rid of our bags, parked the car, and boarded the ship within the next half hour--incredibly efficient! After seeing the Baltimore-based cruise ships pass our house every weekend, we finally experienced Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas for ourselves and were impressed with the newly refurbished ship's layout, decor, and service; the cuisine was also surprisingly excellent. The buffet set up was well organized; the dining room had excellent meal choices; the shows were entertaining; and the coffee--important to my husband--was good. Our cabin was fair-sized, but I didn't care for the recessed port holes, since we were only two cabins from the bow. But we had lots of storage space. Trivia--essential to me anyway--has been fun; we met several interesting folks from Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Florida and won a few more key rings and luggage tags--essential to nobody.

After two days at sea, we got to Bermuda on the afternoon of day 3. It was warm, a bit humid, and full of busy tourists, of course. We spent the first day at the Royal Dockyard on the island's north-western tip poking about the small shops. We spent all of the second day riding the ferries and doing a bit of shopping. We took a bus to the beach at Horseshoe Bay the last day and the water was fabulous. We didn't want to do any shore excursions since we had been to Bermuda and spent a week doing everything. This time we got the 2 day pass for unlimited ferry and bus transportation.

We plan to return on the Grandeur of the Seas and do more sailings from Baltimore.

Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda

chelseafizzgigg’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin F 2510

Our cabin was fair-sized, but I didn't care for the recessed port holes, since we were only two cabins from the bow. We were 5 feet from the portholes and I couldn't walk up to them to look out as it was 5 feet from our bed.
But we had lots of storage space and good desk space.
great flat screen tv.
no frig but got ice twice a day.
Bathroom was fine but prefer shower doors to the curtains.
cabin was 2510. deck 2 forward

Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Baltimore

This has to be the best port so far.
    We got the the port and we drove down this lane we they took our tagged luggage from our trunk, we then drove down to pay for parking, parked the car and walked 30 feet to the terminal. That took maybe 10 minutes. Incredible timing. They are so organized and we were so impressed with this port that we plan to use it again. Getting on this ship was a piece of cake!!

View All 305 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews