• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

The Emerald Princess was our home for 20 days over Christmas and New Year's as we did Southern Caribbean and then Eastern Caribbean cruises back to back. Our family of four thoroughly loved this escape from reality; it really was a fabulous family vacation. We are in our late forties and our children are ages 12 and 16.

My husband and I stayed in a verandah room while our children stayed in an inside cabin directly across the hall. I especially enjoyed the verandah when we were pulling into port to stand outside and take in the sites while still in my robe!

My children could not really be coerced into using the kid zone areas - they were happy to do their own thing.

Balcony

Cabin BE

Port Reviews

Princess Cays

It felt like we were further north when we were in the Bahamas at Princess Cays. Of course it was still warm enough for shorts and T-shirts, so not winter conditions by any stretch! After breakfast in the dining room we packed up our bags for a day at the beach. We went to the Michelangelo Dining Room to catch a tender to the Princess Cays Island. Because the ship cannot dock at the island, we took a small lifeboat shuttle to the island. We only had to wait about 20 minutes before we caught a tender. The tender ride over to the island was 10 or 15 minutes long.Once on the island, my husband decided to snorkel and kids decided to play in the sand while I found a lounge chair in some shade. By 1:30, we were ready to head back to the ship.

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $284