Disappointed: Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Monkey boy
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Having just returned from our latest cruise, which was on the Thomson Dream, I thought that I would give an honest appraisal of the cruise whilst it was still fresh in my mind.
* The checkin process was very smooth with no delays at all.
* The Cabin was Large with plenty of wardrobe space and was very clean.
* Bathroom and shower were very clean
* Orion restaurant was very comfortable with a good selection of quality food
* Service in bars and restaurant was excellent
* Staff were genuinely friendly and were always prepared to help
* Tea making facilities in the cabin
* we were able to hire a cabin for an extra day as our flight home was at 10pm
* Ship is very tired, jaded and a little threadbare
* Sundeck areas were grubby
* Sunloungers were stained and many More (30%) were broken/ripped
* Not enough sunloungers for number of guests on board many people were disappointed
* Cabin was above the side thrust engine and we were woken early when ship entered port (once at 5 am) as they started the engine an hour before the ship berthed
* Cabin was supposed to have a picture window but was just a square porthole
* Excursions were expensive and the trip to Capri was a joke-dont bother going on that one.
* Drinks were expensive
* Some ports of call were very poor as very little to see or do
* Entertainment in the broadway show lounge were obviously cut price budget productions and a little 'cheesy'
* had to pay to use the safe in the cabin
Overall Thomson seemed to have lost their 'edge' and what made them different, whilst they were never the newest ships they used to make up for it with the quality of what they did for the guests..this has now changed..possibly because of new ownership? Less
Cabin review: OU6007
Good size, plenty of hanging space. tea coffe making facilities, small picture window. Very noisy when entering port because above the side thrust engine
Port and Shore Excursions
an excellent port of call. been before so made our own way. City very close to port
very poor excursion but expensive. we were taken to Capri on a jetboat from sorento the guide was very arrogant who spent most of his time selling an additional boat trip in the afternoon and getting us to have lunch in a restaurant of his choosing (I wonder why?) we were not given any other options. Capri town is small expensive and filled with designer shops. we were not told about the old town of Anacapri just a short bus ride away and could not return realy to sorento as he said the ferry tickets could not be changed.
DO NOT GO ON THIS ONE!
Been before. very pretty. some tourist busses/trains. quite relaxing..quite a few bars / Restaurants.
Florence Walking Tour
Excellent trip..guide informative and interesting. been to Florence before..well worth the trip but expensive just for a bus ride of an hour and a half
the city is close to the port. excellent port of call a great deal to do from sight seeing to shopping or relaxing.
the port area is industrial and just a gateway to Rome
Did not pay a lot, did not get...
I would advise not to waste an...
First Solo Cruise
First cruising experience
A Dream Come True
Fantastic Fortnight on the Dre...