3. Island Escape
An excellent week! The best holiday we have ever had. We travelled as a family of 4, Mum, Dad and two children aged 4 years and 23 months. The children had a fantastic time and my 4 year old son loved waking up somewhere different every day. Both of them had a ball and made lots of friend amoungst the frienly crew. Food was excellent. We dined in the buffet restaurant always because of the children and we had great food all week. No complaints and I am a vegetarian. I had plenty of choice and I didn't have a slice of pizza a week, which I usually have to resort to on holiday at some point!! Entertainment was fantastic. We all loved the shows and afterwards we would go and listen to "Jimmy" on the guitar. A real treat to have live music around the pool in the day. Cabins are dated (but we knew this!), but comfortable and nicely airconditioned! and scrupulously cleaned!!! A bit tight on space with luggage for all of us, a double pushchair and a cot, but we didn't spend much time in there anyway. It was perfectly comfortable!!! This was an excellent cruise and a really good introduction to cruising for us. Yes there were some people onboard that didn't think we should be cruising with children and didn't want to see children on holiday, but the answer is for them not to go away mid school holidays at least!!! Come the end of the cruise and time to disembark my Son ran and hid in the theatre and my Daughter laid down on the ground outside the terminal. Both didn't want to leave! Our only gripe with the holiday is the Kids Club was absolutely dire!! Every waiter, bar person knew our kids and engaged with them, even though they didn't have to. The only people not to engage with them was the kids club girls. They were more interested in keeping our daughter out of kids club. I never expected to leave her as she is too young, but she wasn't even allowed to use the facilities with us around! We walked past several "activities" and the girls were chatting amoungst themselves ignoring the children!!! This stood out as not being in keeping with the ship!!! Loved the informality about this cruise. We didn't want fine dining and posh frocks and gala nights and the Island Escape isn't like that. All in all, we can't wait to go again and we will be going again at some stage!!!

Island Escape 13-20 August 2013

Island Escape Cruise Review by LOPEY39

LOPEY39’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Thomson Cruises Island Escape price drops

Compact, comfortable, dated but good air conditioning and very clean.

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews