3. Celebrity Millennium

This was the worst cruise that. Have ever taken.

It started badly when I kept asking the travel agent if this was a family friendly crui as we were traveling with a group and we have young kids at the age of 2 and 4. We were promised that there would be lots for our kids to do on the boat and when we got on board there was only the kids play area for kids over the age of 3 which was horrible (I honestly think I had more toys in my cabin then they did in the play area for the kids). Before booking the excursions we were told that we could book babysitting on board, however, once we got on board we found out that we could only have babysitting if we were on the ship, so we were forced to cancel many of our adult only excursions and is not indicated at all on the cruise website. We tried to cancel the excursions for a refund due to this and they gave us a significant headache about it until we finally got a refund for them after going up to management at the cruise, which we shouldn't have had to do.

We sailed on aug 16 and we were at sea on aug 17. We spent aug 18 in Ketchikan alaska only to be leaving there at 4pm then to hear a large bang and then two hours later hear that we had to return to Ketchikan do here we remained until they cancelled the cruise and flew us out on aug 21. We kept being told in announcements that they'd only cover the full cost to get us home, however, when we got written information it then indicated only change fees up to $200 per person, which didn't cover our change fees.

The icing on the cake came when we were told at 1035pm on aug 20 that we were flying out with two young kids at 630 the next morning to Seattle (not where we had a flight back from) with less than 30 minutes to pack and all of our stuff in the kids room. They begrudgingly changed us to an afternoon flight but couldn't tell us anything about hotels in Seattle that they booked for us, so we ended up booking out own.

I can't express in words how bad this cruise was. If there are any takeaways from this experience is that celebrity is not for kids younger than the teenage years and that then in a crisis they don't know how to cope or communicate with anyone leaving all the passengers very upset and frustrated.

I will cruise again, but never again with celebrity.

Worst cruise ever

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Alicia macdonald

• Sail Date: August 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony

This was the worst cruise that. Have ever taken.

I will cruise again, but never again with celebrity.

Alicia macdonald’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 8168

You can hear people in the cabins on either side of you

Looks are outdated and not fresh at all with lots of little things broken (I.e. patio doors)

Older kids will figure out the patio doors quickly and you can't lock them making it a safety concern

Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins