• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Senior Single
10+ Cruises • Age 90s

Sail Date: Aug 2013
Cabin: Balcony, sheltered

When I booked this voyage, it was a last minute something to do over the summer. It was one of the best ever, and I started sailing in 1949 with the Queen of Bermuda from New York to Hamilton. My husband and I did a lot of cruising and river cruising, and now that I am widowed, I still enjoy this form of travel. You meet wonderful people who are fellow travellers and can contribute to conversations over dinner regarding where they have been and what is not to be missed at various ports.

My cabin was called a "sheltered balcony" on deck 6,and was cut into the hull rather than out over the side of the ship. Wonderful - even though it was a bit chilly to sit out, I did enjoy watching the calm seas through the glass door as we sailed. The room had wonderful closet space and a nice refrigerator for my spare cheeses. My bed was very comfortable, the shower nice and hot, and the cabin steward very attentive to doing his tidy-up the minute I left the room.

The lecture series were something I had never had on another line, and I attended just about all of them. The subjects were varied, and the speakers certainly knew what they were talking about! I enjoyed the Titanic lecture so much on the eastbound trip that I went to it again on the westbound leg. The young man has facts and information I had never heard before, and was amazed to hear this time. The planetarium shows were also something new and different, and most enjoyable. It is a bit difficult to get the tickets, but I did stand in the long 9:00am line to get them on several days. Never regrated it!

Balcony, sheltered

Cabin BD

Very ample closet space for single traveller. Never a noisy time during the entire voyage over and back. Steward was very attentive in keeping towels changed even if I had put them back on the rack. Bed was made with a blanket instead of duvet (as I had requested it to be), and was great temperature for sleeping soundly. Usually had channel 39 or 40 on the TV to get backgound music and details about the weather. Could use a more or less classic radio channel for us older fogeys who like that kind.

3 Helpful Votes