3. Celebrity Solstice

We've been loyal Celebrity cruisers for several years now. Sadly, this cruise may have ended that. The attention to detail that we've enjoyed on many Celebrity cruises is apparently gone.

When we arrived,our stateroom looked lovely and clean. After spending a few minutes in it, we began to discover things. We found vitamins from previous guests on the floor. The tray that held toiletries had a wet sludge at the bottom of it (gross!). Many other little things showed that someone had spent as little time as possible our on cabin.

The first time in the dining room, I found a long hair in my appetizer. I sent it back. My entree came, and sure enough...another hair! We never went back to the dining room.

The Elite member lounge was wonderful, and Chandru was fantastic! At least we had a good breakfast there each morning.

The staff was just about as apathetic as they could be.

Alaska was so beautiful, but I don't think that I would ever go back on the Solstice. And to think that she used to be my favorite ship!

Where, oh where, did our Celebrity go?

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by grooveo

• Sail Date: August 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda

The staff was just about as apathetic as they could be.

grooveo’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1A 8285

8285 was great, though the balcony wasn't as large as expected. Quiet.

Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins