3. Disney Wonder

We took our 4 year old grandson on a Disney Cruise to Alaska. We chose this itinerary because it did not involve any long flights. The weather actually co-operated for the most part and our day touring the glaciers in Tracey Arm was warm and wonderful. My favourite place was Ketchikan and we did the amphibious duck tour and loved it. Our host Lee was fantastic and had so much knowledge. Our grandson loved the idea of being on land one minute and in the water the next.

If I have one complaint it would be the kids club. I am sure for most kids past the age of 6 or 7 it is probably wonderful but for a 4 year old alone it's not so much. I found that the counsellors did not take the time with him that they should have to inititate him and show him around. He only went one day and I could not pursuade him to go again. Because of this situation my husband and I did not have any free time at all; not that I mind that because we love spending time with him but it could have been better for him and us if a bit more time had been taken.

the rooms are lovely and quite large and having the two bathrooms was a bonus plus the tub; excellent.

Food choices were great and rotating through the three restaurants with the same serving crew was lovely.

My one other observation rather than complaint is that some of the adults; parents and non parents who were travelling without children are crazy. I think some of them have an addiction and need help. My grandson almost got trampled at the Disney Pixar Pals Party and there was no way he could even get close enough to see any of the characters for the adults jumping around, squashing him and just being thoughtless. don't they realise that this should be about the children????

Fun but crazy

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by Exbrit1979

• Sail Date: August 2013
  • Destination: Alaska

Exbrit1979’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6

Large window, great bathrooms, large room with big bed and a couch that changes to a sigle bed at right angles to the main bed. Room has a dividing curtain to separate the two areas. You could hear noises from outside the room and sometimes from above but bearable.

Disney Wonder Deck Plans