My wife and twin 10 y/o girls had a great time on the Noordam. We started in Barcelona and ended in Rome. Our cabin was a Neptune Suite 7081 which we took as a last minute upgrade. Great room, great service and we enjoyed the services of the Neptune Lounge. We arrived in Barcelona and spent our first night at the Majestic Hotel which I would recommend for location and service.

The next day we got on the ship late in the day and there was no line and no waiting for our bags which showed up in our room about 20 minutes after we did. The ship was staying in port over night. The next day we took a ship tour to Sitges beach about 45 minutes south of the city. Very nice day at the beach.

Food - We had room service just about every morning for breakfast which showed up on time and only once did they forget an item. The food in the Lido was good and we I never had a problem with lines or finding a table. But we never had breakfast there and most of our lunches were off the ship. We did have dinner in the Lido one night. In the MDR I found the main dishes most very good and we had a different menu every night of the cruise. I thought the desserts were average at best. No problems with service.

Shows - I went to 3-4 shows and thought they were all well done and short - 45 minutes which was perfect for me and the family after a busy day.

We had 3 sea days, two planned and one when we could not get into Monaco because of weather. On those days I used they gym which has plenty of bikes, treadmills etc. The weight area is a little small and should be expanded. Also, I don't think they should charge $12 extra for a yoga or spin class. The kids pool was fine but there were some crazy kids pushing each other and running around and Holland America should have someone to police them besides me. My kids were getting knocked around and it made them leave the pool. My kids did love Club Hal and I have to give credit to the staff there b/c they have not always enjoyed Club Hal on other cruises.

On the last day we choose to carry our own bags off the ship. They only give you a 15 minute window and the elevators did not go down to the floor we were to get off so everyone had to carry their bags down the last flight of steps. Otherwise, no problem getting off ship.

We liked the ship and Holland America and this was a great cruise.

Noordam Mediterranean Cruise

Noordam Cruise Review by Cruisedog123

We liked the ship and Holland America and this was a great cruise.

Cruisedog123’s Full Rating Summary