3. Adventure of the Seas
We are a couple in our late 50s early 60s and this was our 7th cruise. We have sailed on RCCL,Princess and Disney. We flew from Philadelphia on Oct 1 which was the day of sailing and in fact met some members of our CC board in the airport. Flight was fine and we arrived on time. Getting our luggage in San Juan was kind of slow but we dis get it and headed for a cab. We met up with our CC buddies and got a cab with them and I think it cost us about $15 a couple. The lines were kind of long at the pier but we were through there within about 30 minutes. We dropped our bags in our room (it was after 2) and went to the buffet to gave a bite and then explore the ship. Unlike the review before me we found the ship to be in great shape. I will say when we first went into the room we were concerned about the bed. It was kind of sagging on one side,strange we slept better in this bed all week then we do at home. Yes the bedding is old but they are updating all the ships now. The room itself was great and the location was great for people watching. In fact we booked a PR room for Liberty in Oct next year. Many people have complained about large numbers of spanish speaking people on board, who care? Everyone I got on the elevator with send good morning. We did board in San Juan. Two years ago we sailed out of Bayonne,lots of people from New York and New Jersey. Just the way it works. We saw every show except the first night and we enjoyed them all. The ice show was great and the tickets were easy to get,just get in line and tell them which show you would like to see. Now the food,if you are comparing to 15 years ago then yes the food is not as good, but there is lots to choose from. I am not really a meat eater and by the second night our waiter(Edmund) had said something to our headwaiter(Mustafa) and he came to our table-whatever you want just tell us and we will do it Every night after the second night when I asked for shrimp cocktail(not on the menu that night) it was waiting for me. Also the buffet is always the same for breakfast ( isn't breakfast always the same in any place you eat it even if they have a menu) The lunch buffet which we ate every day always had the hamburger, french fries, but every thing pretty much changed. We ate in the dinning room every night and it was very good. The service was great. (thanks Edmund, Mandy, and Mustafa) We did Cosol's tour in St Lucia and it was long but very good. He was easy to find at the pier and the buses were very nice. We had 9 people in our bus total. The price $45 pp was well worth it. In St Thomas we took the tram up to paradise point and had a bushwacher at 10:30 in the morning,don't miss it. All in all my husband and I agree it was the best cruise all around we have done. Hope Liberty can match it.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean