3. Sapphire Princess

I traveled with my husband and daughter (12). The staff on the Sapphire Princess were some of the best we have encountered while cruising. With 28 days you really get to know your waiters and room stewards. The itinerary was great with 4 stops in Hawaii, Samoa and American Samoa, Moorea, Bora Bora, Tahiti.

The meals were delicious and different every night, very few repeats in the 28 days. Sea days were relaxing or busy depending on if you wanted to join in on all of the activities that were planned. The "Crossing the Equator" ceremony was hilarious and we all received certificates to commemorate the day. The children's program (only 7 children on board) kept my daughter busy and the children enjoyed almost one on one attention.

The only negative on the cruise had nothing to do with the cruise line but rather with many of the guests on board. They were upset and resented the fact that any children were on board. My daughter is home-schooled and we worked her schedule around the dates of our vacation. She is well behaved and well mannered and could not understand the nasty comments made to her.

This was a once in a lifetime type of cruise (although I would do it again if it wasn't so expensive). The scenery, the fantastic crew of the Sapphire, and the memories we created will last a lifetime.

Vacation in Paradise

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by SimmonsCrew7

SimmonsCrew7’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12

• Bora Bora

Relaxing day at the beach. Crystal clear water. Shallow with no waves you could walk out a quarter of a mile. We had stingrays swimming with us. The only draw back was that it is a coral beach and you MUST have swim shoes or you will tear up your feet.

View All 116 Bora Bora Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bora Bora Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour

Right outside the cruise ship we found a tour operator offering a 4 - 5 hour trip to the farmer's market, the Volcano, the orchid farm, the macadamia nut farm, the Liliuokalani gardens, the King Kamehameha statue,and the black sand beach. This was much cheaper (and more stops) than through the cruise ship and they promised to have us back in time. They also gave us flexibility in the amount of time we stayed at each place and actually added the black sand beach to the itinerary when my daughter asked.

View All 23 Island Tour Reviews
  • Dinner Cruise

Fantastic! The closest you can get to a luau without going to one - which is difficult to do when ships leave port early. Great meal, authentic South Pacific dancing, and a chance to join in.

View All 6 Dinner Cruise Reviews
  • Kauai

This was a Walmart stop. Stocked up on water and other essentials. There is nothing right at the port to do.

View All 426 Kauai Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kauai Cruise Port Review
  • Maui

There is a lot to visit just beyond where the tender disembarks you. First stop should be the Old Lahaina Courthouse where the visitor center is. Stop in for a free walking tour guide. There is the giant Banyan tree that covers an entire city block, lots of cultural sites, tons of shopping, an
    View All 493 Maui Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Maui Cruise Port Review
  • Lahaina Walking Tour

First stop after getting off the tender is the Old Lahaina Courthouse where you can pick up a free "self-guided walking tour." Lots of places within a short walk to visit. There is a lot of shopping nearby.

View All 26 Lahaina Walking Tour Reviews
  • Maui Ocean Center

We took a city bus out to the Maui Ocean Center ($2-$3)- it is a short walk to the bus stop and the bus takes you right into the parking lot. It is a first rate aquarium and a great place to visit. There are nearby restaurants and shopping here as well. Taking the bus out saved a lot of money over what the cruise line wanted.

View All 16 Maui Ocean Center Reviews
  • Island Tour

We had an excellent guide you not only pointed out the interesting and beautiful features of the island but also share insight into the people and the island lifestyle.

View All 16 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour

What an experience. Everywhere you look there is something to marvel at. I feel like I would have to visit several times to see it all.

View All 9 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour

A much more "financial district" feel to the island. There is a lot of graffiti as you travel around the town.

View All 31 Island Tour Reviews