Mediterranean Cruise 14-nights in july 2013: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiserunner
Overall Member Rating
Mediterranean Cruise 14-nights in july 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
- The food in the main dining room was probably the best I've experienced on any of the cruises
- The service in the main dining room was impeccable and very friendly
- Suite attendant was fantastic, our daughter had tears in the eyes when we left because she liked him so much. (She is 8)
- Concierge lounge service was great.
- All personnel where very friendly and serviceminded
- Portofino restaurant food and service also really good.
- Ship is starting to get to the point where it needs a facelift, you see some signs of the age.
- Lost a piece of luggage on the way home that was taken by another passenger since the thoroughly fastened luggage tags were ripped off.(Got it back 2 days later)
- Shore excursion are a rip off. Would never More use them. Sort your own.
- The very weak Air-con in the gym made training harder than needed.
Will never use cruise.co.uk ever again. Did not warn me that the free parking that RCCL promised would have needed to be booked 8 months ahead of the cruise. (Yes it was on page 6 of the cruise contract) but they could have mentioned it. They continued to send marketing on mobile, post and e-mail despite myself expressing a clear wish for them to stop. Had to threaten with legal action to get them to stop. They didn't respect the OBC promised at the time of the booking and started arguing about it afterwards. This costed an extra 97 in parking and quite some irritation. I can also mention that RCCL didn't help out anything despite us being frequent guest with them.
Will use Cruises-n-more or smartcruiser in the future for bookings as I have done before. Less
Cabin review: GS1288 Grand Suite
The cabin was nice, know them from before but as stated above the ship is probably due a face lift. The balcony had a beam in the middle which we haven't experienced before.Read All Grand Suite (GS) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Very nice city center and the tender boats did take us directly there. It was a beautiful walk around and then we went swimming on the public beach in the Med.
Actually port 4 was Livorn but can't find it on the list and port 5 was Genoa.
Wasn't off the boat in Livorno but went for a walk in Genoa. It was a bit off-putting how heavy the walk is but it is a beatiful city and the new harbour area has been very nicely modernized.
Great Siege Tunnels
Interesting history lesson considering the present situation at Gibraltar. Nice history. Not for the faint hearted to get up on the roads. They are narrow.
Rock of Gibraltar
Really the best way of experiencing the rock. Get a tour taxi from the city center. It gives you the opportunity to see all the sights without the specific walking around on the narrow roads that would happen if you took the cable car. It was a nice experience to see the monkeys and they were not at all aggresive despite all the warnings thereof. One actually jumped on to the shoulder to my daughter.
St. Michael's Cave
Beautiful limestone caves where you can spend a lot of time. And the monkeys are all around.
We went around all the sights in Lisbon including the Alfama, monument to the discoveries, revolutionary park (eduardo 7) etc,etc.
Fantastic way of spending a half day and the taxi driver knew the Alfama quarters as his own pocket. Was very good value for money.
PS: The roads in the Alfama quarter are so narrow that the big tours can't enter.
We just went a shore and took a swim in the med. This due to several reasons. we have been to Rome before. It is 1,5 Hours journey each way and it was 34 degrees hot.
The beach of Civitavecchia is not easy to get into the water in but the water was the cleanest we saw during the trip.
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review >>
Great staff, great excursions,...
great service. OK facilities
7 NIGHT SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRU...
Fun, relaxing, great vacation!